Saturday, November 03, 2007

Great Eastern Women 10K

Sunday, 21 Oct 2007
GE Women 10K website

This is the second run we did this year - the GE Women 10K. Perhaps I've forgotten the pain, but I'm kind of looking forward to next year's event. Haha...

The goody bag is nice and the Adidas running shirt fits better than the Shape Run one. And it could all be collected in advance which reduced the queuing time on the actual event day.


Once again, it was 5am wakey time for us. Poor Chewie still had her sleepy eyes but she never let me out of her sight (my sweetie pie) until we left the house. We took turns to give her hugs.


These are all the photos I took (other than the medal one right below). The rest of the pix are courtesy of Mag and her trusty little Cybershot handphone.

Here I am pretending to be jogging.


Spot Mag !! We were right behind the competitive runners at the starting line but we came in in twice their time. hehe...


I must say that this event was more fun and better organised than the "September event". There were free bananas, sample cereal & milk, lots of ice cream and drinks and even a free 10 min massage!




Little bowls of cereal




Here's Chewie trying on the medal for size :)

I'm quite happy with my results. It isn't under an hour but it's exactly double my 5K Shape run :

Gun time - 01:04:11.11
Chip time - 01:04:05.05
Open Category placing - 743
Masters Category (for women > 35 yrs old) placing - 338

Click here to read Mag's blog

No comments: