Sunday, August 06, 2006

Taste Paradise

That we almost did! Beng & Mag treated me to a scrumptuous dinner for my 40th birthday at Taste Paradise, Mosque Street. Mag & I were surprised when the reservation that Beng made was not recorded! But the staff was very quick to offer a free table thankfully! We were the only table seated at 7pm and ALLLL the attention was trained upon us! We couldn't drink a sip of tea without someone noticing and coming over to fill it up! After each dish, our plates were changed promptly. Better not drool or dribble food around your mouth with such attention! LOL... But really, the waitresses were helpful and professional.

The decor was very nicely done; advant-garde and modern and the all-white crockery goes very well with their mahogany brown dining tables.

The muted lighting and draped silky cloth on the ceiling gave the whole place a very relaxed and soothing air. And with the wine and good food, we didn't feel like leaving...

When I walked to the back to use the restrooms, I noticed that they had fish tanks and 2 of the fishes looked suspiciously like the Rainbow Fish that Mag & I snorkelled with in Hawaii! ugh.. back to the food...

The Peking Duck was served, along with 10 other waitresses! They all hung around as this lone poor girl struggled to wrap the skin, cucumber and spring onions with the riceflour pancakes. She wasn't very good so it was painful to watch her and we offered to do the rest ourselves, which she quietly refused. So we had no choice but to busy ourselves by chatting.

Most of the dishes were one-person servings and it was perfect for us because we could share and order more variety. I was glad we ordered two portions of Cod with the Chef's special sauce as it was deeelicious!

Other outstanding items were the Spare Rib with Chinese Wine sauce and the lamp chops. We washed everything down with a smooth Matua Valley (NZ) red Pinot Noir. Can you see me going red already?


Wish I took a photo of Beng tonight but since I didn't, I shall continue with Beng's birthday dinner at Vansh - another classy place with good food, nice ambience and friendly waiters.

Mag & Beng looking relaxed


I'm getting lazy (but also because it's late) so here are the food pictures. Good things come in threes!

No comments: