Friday, August 11, 2006

Fireworks Festival

After dinner, I took a stroll down to the Padang to catch the fireworks. Tonight's performance was put together by New Caledonia. When I got there, crowds of people were already gathered on the padang, many with mats and picnics. Cars were parallel parked in two rows.


I went across to the old Supreme Courts and went to the second floor balcony. Nobody cared that we jumped the barrier and climbed onto to the ledge, so many did. hehe..

The view was good but there were these annoying palm trees that blocked our view somewhat.

You can feel everyone waiting in anticipation for the fireworks to begin. Some kids in front of me had TWO handphones EACH (!) and were viewing videos and playing with their 3G functions.

All the guys around me were fiddling with their cameras, PDA's and handphones.

Finally, it started at 9pm on the dot and lasted for 15mins. Mission Impossible and other songs played in the background. Check out my video here :



Too busy taking video that this is the only decent photo I have of the fireworks! haha...


The walk home was pleasant on this cool night. Some grumpy old men were waiting around for business - were they really? or just gossiping...


Glad I wasn't caught in the jam


Click here for the Fireworks Festival website.

No comments: