Friday, December 22, 2006

Majestic revisited

For the longest time, I've wanted to take my dad to Majectic Restaurant at the New Majestic Hotel. Today was the perfect day as I was on leave (clearing my outstanding leave for 2006!).

Made a reservation for 12:30pm but the restaurant was not even half-filled today. The special lunch menu was a steal at $40 (which I ordered) or $50 (which dad ordered) compared to the $85 degustation menu which they still serve.

The appetiser was presented in a long glass plate with 3 little niches for the food, which consisted of a Siew Mai, Fried prawn coated with wasabi (yummm..) and a perfectly crispy (& sinful) cube of Sio-bak (roasted pork belly) & jellyfish.


Dad's set included a decent pot of shark's fin soup which made his set so much more worth it. But it was a good thing I ordered the other lunch menu because he didn't like his cod fish. I gave him my fried tao-hu with crab meat and egg swirls instead.

My soup was a strange bean soup with some very fibrous root vegetable and one tiny abalone. My punishment for choosing the cheaper set! haha...

My carbo was mee-kia (thin noodles) topped with prawn Wantons and goose meat and dad's was a kway-teow soup with shredded chicken and kai-lan. Both were equally tasty.

It was nice that they allowed us to choose our own desserts - not that it was necessary because we both ordered the same one! Fried durian ice-cream. Don't worry, dad didn't finish his.



Not wanting to waste my day (and my leave) sleeping, I went for a spot of shopping at the new wing of Centrepoint. Not really impressed but there's a restaurant called "Doc Green Gourmet Salad" that I would like to try...

Stay tuned ! ;-)

While walking home, laden with my heavy shopping (not really lah), I passed by Cathay Cineleisure and saw their Pink Christmas tree! A favourite colour at Cathay? Not really Christmasy but cute colour.

It's so PINK!!!

Picture taken by Nokia N80:


Shopping and walking around aided my digestion and I couldn't resist buying a cake from BreadTalk. Ya, pink too ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have seen your counter. got some flaws - singapore is in dakar? but otherwise really amazing they can capture all these info. if that's for free, what info does ck get for the counter he paid i wonder?

Viv & Chewie said...

Yeah! I saw that Dakar thing too. Weird..

CK's counter - flags appear directly on his blog plus his has nice themes, ie. snow falling...