Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cai Qin

I was about to edit my Hangzhou video that my cousin's friend took when I got caught up with Cai Qin and her songs! It put me in such a melancholic mood that I had no mood to edit anymore.

Here's a nice song from Infernal Affairs - it was played when Tony Leung and Andy Lau stopped to listen to an old song in a CD shop - 被遗忘的时光


One of my favourites - 恰似你的温柔 :


I love her mellow voice - maybe it's because I was an alto.. haha.. Also, maybe it also reminded me of the music my mom used to play and sing many years ago - Chinese oldies, they are known as today. Even though I never really appreciated them as a little girl, somehow the melodies were deeply ingrained in my mind that I never forgot them. When I listen to them today, I just go "ahhhh....."

Wish I'd caught Cai Qin's concert back in 2005 when she came to Singapore but she was not feeling well and the concert was postponed. In the end, my dad and my sister went for the concert as the new date clashed with my Spain holidays.

Anyway, you better be glad I'm editing that HZ vid cos it's one of those long and tedious home vids that pauses forever at a scene and then pans and pauses again... I don't know how long it's going to take me to finish! To convert the DVD format to .avi took my computer TWO WHOLE DAYS!! It's about 14 mins 18 sec but it has some scenes of the boat ride we did in HZ which I really want to share with you... Deep Breath... 慢慢的等吧! (Wait patiently lah..)

1 comment:

oceanskies79 said...

I like the voices of altos. Sopranos sound a little too high for my liking.