Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday Shopping

Had some last minute shopping to do before my Shanghai trip, so I headed for Tangs hoping to grab something local or something nice for the home of my Shanghai hosts. I didn't find anything I liked except for a RISIS vanda pendant. I like the modern design and really interesting double-strand cable.


For the longest time, I've always wanted to get some of these cute little Bodum thermo glasses. So I thought this might be a good gift for the house. The large tea glasses came as a set with stirrers and fruit tea. They are mouth-blown and heat resistant. The double-walls insulate the heat of hot drinks (u won't burn your fingers) and keep cold drinks cold without messy condensation! And yes, I bought myself a pair of the little espresso glasses - they're so cuuuuute!!




Other stuff bought today : a black woollen jacket, packet tissue paper, mints, tooth brush heads for my electric toothbrush, hand lotion, and chocolate fondant from Beard Papa.

Retail Therapy Day :-)

Oh, and in front of Ngee Ann City, the Subaru Challenge was going on - where car-mad crazy people put their hands on Subaru cars in the hope of winning one. Tonight was their second night at it. Some of them look really tired. They started out with 7 cars and 280 contestants but now there are only 63 contestants left! They're only allowed 5-minute breaks at 1pm, 7pm, 1am and 7am each day. All the best to them!!

Check out the mediacorp website for more photos and webcams.

No comments: