Monday, June 12, 2006

Chocolate, Sea & Sky

Today is dad's birthday by the Lunar Calendar - the 17th day of the 5th month. It's a day I'm not gonna forget for a long time. For one thing, just as it struck midnight (or just past it), I was called back to the office to solve a problem. We stayed until 11:30am!! *yawn* *MEGA yawn*

Hey, I always look on the bright side, right!?! When I left, I collected this delicious cake which I ordered from Fullerton and rushed home to dad and sang him a birthday song. :)



Mmmm... The cake was incredible. Yummmm.... It's definitely "WORTH THE SIN", my new catch-phrase that rationalise and control my need to eat all my favourite foods. Just look at the dark chocolate, the apricot jam layer and crunchy centre... sigh...



I must say dad was pretty pleased with it too. hehe... I'm glad!



For lunch, I took Dad somewhere different, a Chinese restaurant we both have not tried but highly recommended - Hai Tien Lo on the 37th floor of Pan Pacific Hotel. The ride up the elevator was fun. Lots to see....

The pool looks inviting


Suntec City and our dense skyline


The Supreme Courts spaceship waiting to take off


The meal was expensive but well worth it's weight in gold. Service was attentive.
The appetizer had the most perfect BBQ Pork skin!! Only 2 slices per person. I don't think I have tasted anything as good, as crispy, as fragrant as this for a long time yet. It's such a simple fare but both my dad & I unanimously agreed that it is the most delicious of the entire meal. Oh, there was also foie gras, which dad didn't eat because of his high cholesterol.



Ultra superior soup for this shark's fin with crabmeat and abalone.


Delicious Abalone with truffle and asparagus. Those black things are truffle!


Lobster with garlic and spring onions.








We'll be back with the family this Saturday for Part 2 of Dad's Birthday Celebrations!

No comments: